The containerized reefer segment can expect tight capacity and high rates for the foreseeable future. Shippers must stay in close contact with their logistics partners to continually evaluate their supply chain in this period of volatility.
Join us for VinRoutes Wine Supply Chain Events 2021 Digital Summit Series: "Navigating Wine Logistics in a new world"
Liviri Vino Box is a reusable and sustainable solution for shipping wine that protects against temperature excusions and damage caused by dropped cases during handling.
Australia’s wine exports to China are hurting from Beijing’s decision to impose steep tariffs after Australian called for an investigation over the source of the coronavirus outbreak.
The digital supply chain ushers in myriad advantages, including improved visibility, responsiveness, and cost savings. As a result of 2020’s massive disruption the wine sector is poised to embrace increased digitization to enhance operations and meet customer expectations.
Passage of the federal American Jobs Plan is critical to supporting the efficient transportation of wine throughout the supply chain.
The wine and food industries share many attributes, with the exception of their adoption of technology. It’s time for the wine industry to use the disruptions of 2020 as a catalyst for change, including investments in technology solutions that will improve the wine supply chain.
Wine must remain within a narrow temperature envelope to avoid damage as it journeys from the winery to the end consumer. New solutions are helping monitor wine conditions and improve visibility throughout the supply chain to the end consumer.
The appointment of Katherine Tai as U.S. Trade Representative is encouraging to the wine industry, which hopes for a resolution in retaliatory tariffs on wine as a result of the U.S. and EU dispute over aircraft subsidies.
more VinRoutes Exclusives
- UK Port Congestion Squeezing US Wine Exporters’ Supply Chain
- No Immediate Relief From High Ocean Freight Rates
- Diversification: A Word Worth Repeating
- A Ship In a Bottle, Or Bottles On Ships: Neither Makes Sense
- ‘Taint Right: U.S. Maintains Retaliatory Tariffs On EU Wine
- Congestion Eases at LA/LB, But Not Enough, Say Shippers
- Wine Industry Bullish On 2021 Prospects
- New Blockchain Solution Takes Wine Monitoring To The Next Level
- Wine Industry 13-Point Checklist For Operational Restart Readiness
- Wineries Need an ERP That Provides “Stem to Stem” Visibility In Today’s Market