Gallo chooses South Carolina for $423 million production and distribution center.
Join us for VinRoutes Wine Supply Chain Events 2021 Digital Summit Series: "Navigating Wine Logistics in a new world"
The wine and food industries share many attributes, with the exception of their adoption of technology. It’s time for the wine industry to use the disruptions of 2020 as a catalyst for change, including investments in technology solutions that will improve the wine supply chain.
Wine must remain within a narrow temperature envelope to avoid damage as it journeys from the winery to the end consumer. New solutions are helping monitor wine conditions and improve visibility throughout the supply chain to the end consumer.
Adoption of the digital supply chain is being hastened by the explosion in omnichannel distribution, and DTC, in particular, with the wine industry and others plotting a strategy for implementation amidst the challenges.
The U.S. wine industry is pressuring the Biden administration to address retaliatory tariffs on imports and exports of wine, while negotiations with the EU are a positive sign of pending changes in trade policy.
The DRIVE-Safe Act proposes to allow truck drivers under 21 years of age participate in interstate commerce.
The containerized reefer segment can expect tight capacity and high rates for the foreseeable future. Shippers must stay in close contact with their logistics partners to continually evaluate their supply chain in this period of volatility.
Liviri Vino Box is a reusable and sustainable solution for shipping wine that protects against temperature excusions and damage caused by dropped cases during handling.
Australia’s wine exports to China are hurting from Beijing’s decision to impose steep tariffs after Australian called for an investigation over the source of the coronavirus outbreak.
The digital supply chain ushers in myriad advantages, including improved visibility, responsiveness, and cost savings. As a result of 2020’s massive disruption the wine sector is poised to embrace increased digitization to enhance operations and meet customer expectations.
more VinRoutes Exclusives
- The American Jobs Plan Is Critical For the Wine Supply Chain
- How Winemaking Is Like Manufacturing
- A Little TLC Goes a Long Way in the Wine Supply Chain
- Confirmation of USTR Tai a “Good First Step” For Wine Industry
- UK Port Congestion Squeezing US Wine Exporters’ Supply Chain
- No Immediate Relief From High Ocean Freight Rates
- Diversification: A Word Worth Repeating
- A Ship In a Bottle, Or Bottles On Ships: Neither Makes Sense
- ‘Taint Right: U.S. Maintains Retaliatory Tariffs On EU Wine
- Congestion Eases at LA/LB, But Not Enough, Say Shippers